Three MQM workers killed in Pakistan’s Hyderabad
Islamabad: Three workers of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement were shot dead by unidentified armed men in Hyderabad city of southern Pakistani today, police said.
One MQM worker was injured in the attack on an office of the party, police officials said.
Four armed men, who were riding on motorcycles, opened fire at the MQM office while a group of workers was celebrating the party`s founding day.
Two MQM workers were killed instantly and two more injured. One of the wounded men succumbed to his injuries in hospital.
A large number of MQM leaders and workers gathered at the hospital and protested against the attack.
The incident created tension and led to the closure of markets.
Large police and paramilitary contingents were deployed in the area of the attack with armoured personnel carriers.
No one claimed responsibility for the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list