Three MQM workers killed in Pakistan’s Hyderabad
Islamabad: Three workers of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement were shot dead by unidentified armed men in Hyderabad city of southern Pakistani today, police said.
One MQM worker was injured in the attack on an office of the party, police officials said.
Four armed men, who were riding on motorcycles, opened fire at the MQM office while a group of workers was celebrating the party`s founding day.
Two MQM workers were killed instantly and two more injured. One of the wounded men succumbed to his injuries in hospital.
A large number of MQM leaders and workers gathered at the hospital and protested against the attack.
The incident created tension and led to the closure of markets.
Large police and paramilitary contingents were deployed in the area of the attack with armoured personnel carriers.
No one claimed responsibility for the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!