Three Pak Hindus convert to Islam
Islamabad: Three members of Pakistan`s minority Hindu community today converted to Islam in Balochistan province in the country`s southwest, the state media reported.
The three men converted in Khuzdar district after being influenced by the preaching of a cleric named Qari Abdul Rehman.
State-run APP news agency reported that the men said they were impressed by the teachings of Prophet Mohammed and Islam.
After their conversion, the men were renamed Juma Khan, Muhammad Qasim and Abdul Sattar.
Balochistan has a sizeable Hindu population that has been targeted by both militants and criminal gangs in recent years.
Several Hindu traders have been kidnapped for ransom.
Dozens of Hindu families have moved from the province to Sindh, which has a larger Hindu population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch