Three Pak Hindus convert to Islam
Islamabad: Three members of Pakistan`s minority Hindu community today converted to Islam in Balochistan province in the country`s southwest, the state media reported.
The three men converted in Khuzdar district after being influenced by the preaching of a cleric named Qari Abdul Rehman.
State-run APP news agency reported that the men said they were impressed by the teachings of Prophet Mohammed and Islam.
After their conversion, the men were renamed Juma Khan, Muhammad Qasim and Abdul Sattar.
Balochistan has a sizeable Hindu population that has been targeted by both militants and criminal gangs in recent years.
Several Hindu traders have been kidnapped for ransom.
Dozens of Hindu families have moved from the province to Sindh, which has a larger Hindu population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption