Three Pak Hindus convert to Islam
Islamabad: Three members of Pakistan`s minority Hindu community today converted to Islam in Balochistan province in the country`s southwest, the state media reported.
The three men converted in Khuzdar district after being influenced by the preaching of a cleric named Qari Abdul Rehman.
State-run APP news agency reported that the men said they were impressed by the teachings of Prophet Mohammed and Islam.
After their conversion, the men were renamed Juma Khan, Muhammad Qasim and Abdul Sattar.
Balochistan has a sizeable Hindu population that has been targeted by both militants and criminal gangs in recent years.
Several Hindu traders have been kidnapped for ransom.
Dozens of Hindu families have moved from the province to Sindh, which has a larger Hindu population.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev