Three Pak Hindus convert to Islam
Islamabad: Three members of Pakistan`s minority Hindu community today converted to Islam in Balochistan province in the country`s southwest, the state media reported.
The three men converted in Khuzdar district after being influenced by the preaching of a cleric named Qari Abdul Rehman.
State-run APP news agency reported that the men said they were impressed by the teachings of Prophet Mohammed and Islam.
After their conversion, the men were renamed Juma Khan, Muhammad Qasim and Abdul Sattar.
Balochistan has a sizeable Hindu population that has been targeted by both militants and criminal gangs in recent years.
Several Hindu traders have been kidnapped for ransom.
Dozens of Hindu families have moved from the province to Sindh, which has a larger Hindu population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nepal President to announce Oli government's policies on May 7
- Uttarakhand fire: TMC gives adjournment notice in LS
- S Korea warns of citizens' potential abduction by North
- Karan Johar’s Dharma production hints at first ever love franchise
- India's manufacturing sector growth falls to 4-month low in April