Three Pak Hindus convert to Islam
Islamabad: Three members of Pakistan`s minority Hindu community today converted to Islam in Balochistan province in the country`s southwest, the state media reported.
The three men converted in Khuzdar district after being influenced by the preaching of a cleric named Qari Abdul Rehman.
State-run APP news agency reported that the men said they were impressed by the teachings of Prophet Mohammed and Islam.
After their conversion, the men were renamed Juma Khan, Muhammad Qasim and Abdul Sattar.
Balochistan has a sizeable Hindu population that has been targeted by both militants and criminal gangs in recent years.
Several Hindu traders have been kidnapped for ransom.
Dozens of Hindu families have moved from the province to Sindh, which has a larger Hindu population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India