Three Pak security personnel killed in separate incidents
Islamabad: Three Pakistani security personnel were killed in two separate attacks by militants since last night that also left four others injured.
In the first incident, a vehicle of "Khasadars" moving from Bannu district in Khyber Pakhthunkwa to Saidgai, was ambushed by terrorists last night.
"Out of the seven Khasadars, two were killed and another two were seriously injured. Two more sustained minor injuries and were evacuated to a hospital, security sources told a news agency.
The system of Khasadari was introduced in 1921 by then British government. Khasadars and Levies are the traditional law enforcement groups.
In another attack, a Frontier Corps personnel was killed early morning in an IED blast on an army convoy in North Waziristan.
The IED was planted along the roadside.
The attacks come at a time when the government is initiating steps to hold talks with the Pakistani Taliban and other militant groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar