Three Pakistanis killed in bombings near MQM office
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) was observing a day of mourning Sunday after three people were killed and over 45 injured in two back-to-back blasts near its party office in the port city of Karachi last night.
The first blast struck near MQM Unit 153 office in the city`s Azizabad area, also home to the party`s headquarters, while the second one tore through the same area about 30 minutes later.
The second bomb proved deadlier as it went off when the rescuers, law enforcers, volunteers, and media persons were thronging the blast site.
Zafar Bukhari, a senior police official, first said it was a suicide attack. However, later it was found to be an improvised explosive device concealed in a concrete block.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?