Three Pakistanis killed in bombings near MQM office
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) was observing a day of mourning Sunday after three people were killed and over 45 injured in two back-to-back blasts near its party office in the port city of Karachi last night.
The first blast struck near MQM Unit 153 office in the city`s Azizabad area, also home to the party`s headquarters, while the second one tore through the same area about 30 minutes later.
The second bomb proved deadlier as it went off when the rescuers, law enforcers, volunteers, and media persons were thronging the blast site.
Zafar Bukhari, a senior police official, first said it was a suicide attack. However, later it was found to be an improvised explosive device concealed in a concrete block.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan