Three Pakistanis killed in bombings near MQM office
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) was observing a day of mourning Sunday after three people were killed and over 45 injured in two back-to-back blasts near its party office in the port city of Karachi last night.
The first blast struck near MQM Unit 153 office in the city`s Azizabad area, also home to the party`s headquarters, while the second one tore through the same area about 30 minutes later.
The second bomb proved deadlier as it went off when the rescuers, law enforcers, volunteers, and media persons were thronging the blast site.
Zafar Bukhari, a senior police official, first said it was a suicide attack. However, later it was found to be an improvised explosive device concealed in a concrete block.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer