Three people shot dead in Karachi
Karachi: Three people were gunned down by unknown assailants on Monday in the southern Pakistani port city of Karachi after which members of the Pushtun community clashed with the police.
One of those killed was the vice president of the Pakhtun Action Committee, Hqji Murad, and the Awami National Party immediately condemned the killing.
Police said the two others killed were associated with the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat, an offshoot of the banned extremist Sipah-e-Sahaba sunni group.
Heavy exchange of firing between police and members of the Pushtun community in Patel Para took place after the three people were gunned down by unknown assailants as they came out of a mosque.
Later, angry Pushtuns came out and started aerial firing which forced the police to also resort to firing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?