Three police, 2 insurgents killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says three policemen and two insurgents have been killed in a gunbattle in the southern city of Kandahar.
Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said Wednesday that police came under fire when they surrounded a house in the city overnight. They had received a tip that insurgents were hiding inside and were planning to attack a nearby police station.
Sediqqi said the three dead policemen included the district chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?