Three police, 2 insurgents killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says three policemen and two insurgents have been killed in a gunbattle in the southern city of Kandahar.
Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said Wednesday that police came under fire when they surrounded a house in the city overnight. They had received a tip that insurgents were hiding inside and were planning to attack a nearby police station.
Sediqqi said the three dead policemen included the district chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Asin Thottumkal's Italian sojourn with hubby Rahul Sharma is the perfect vacation plan we all want! See pics
- China bans Lady Gaga after Dalai Lama meeting?
- India seen to grow faster than emerging market peers
- Soccer fans mock as England dumped out of Europe twice in a week
- Rajasthan shocker: When "mera baap chor hai" was tattooed on a woman's forehead for not bringing dowry