Three police, 2 insurgents killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says three policemen and two insurgents have been killed in a gunbattle in the southern city of Kandahar.
Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said Wednesday that police came under fire when they surrounded a house in the city overnight. They had received a tip that insurgents were hiding inside and were planning to attack a nearby police station.
Sediqqi said the three dead policemen included the district chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript
- Left Front to hit the streets against post-poll violence
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad