Three police, 2 insurgents killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says three policemen and two insurgents have been killed in a gunbattle in the southern city of Kandahar.
Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqqi said Wednesday that police came under fire when they surrounded a house in the city overnight. They had received a tip that insurgents were hiding inside and were planning to attack a nearby police station.
Sediqqi said the three dead policemen included the district chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday