Three policemen killed in Pakistan
Peshawar: Three policemen were killed and as many injured when militants attacked a police van in northwest Pakistan on Friday, officials said.
The armed militants attacked the van at Babajee Kandao in Buner district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
An assistant sub-inspector was among those killed.
The policemen engaged the militants and exchanged fire for some time.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Additional security forces reached the area and authorities imposed a curfew before a search operation was launched.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack, which was carried out hours after a suicide bomber blew himself up in a Shia madrassa in Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
Fourteen people were killed and over 30 injured in the suicide attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened