Three policemen killed in Pakistan
Peshawar: Three policemen were killed and as many injured when militants attacked a police van in northwest Pakistan on Friday, officials said.
The armed militants attacked the van at Babajee Kandao in Buner district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
An assistant sub-inspector was among those killed.
The policemen engaged the militants and exchanged fire for some time.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Additional security forces reached the area and authorities imposed a curfew before a search operation was launched.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack, which was carried out hours after a suicide bomber blew himself up in a Shia madrassa in Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
Fourteen people were killed and over 30 injured in the suicide attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today