Three policemen killed in Pakistan
Peshawar: Three policemen were killed and as many injured when militants attacked a police van in northwest Pakistan on Friday, officials said.
The armed militants attacked the van at Babajee Kandao in Buner district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
An assistant sub-inspector was among those killed.
The policemen engaged the militants and exchanged fire for some time.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Additional security forces reached the area and authorities imposed a curfew before a search operation was launched.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack, which was carried out hours after a suicide bomber blew himself up in a Shia madrassa in Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
Fourteen people were killed and over 30 injured in the suicide attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...