Three Rohingya killed in clash with Myanmar police
Yangon: Police and activists say several women villagers from Myanmar`s Rohingya minority have been shot dead in a confrontation with security officials.
A police officer in Mrauk-U township in western Rakhine state today said that three women died in Parein village, where they were part of a crowd that defied efforts to relocate them from the housing they have been living in since their original homes were burned by Buddhists in a wave of sectarian clashes last year that left hundreds dead. The officer asked not to be identified because he was not authorized to release information.
A website covering Rohingya news, Rohingya Blogger, said four women were shot dead and five other villagers wounded in the confrontation yesterday when police opened fire after getting into a quarrel with the villagers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore