Three Shia men killed in Pak gun attack
Islamabad: Three members of the minority Shia community were killed and two others injured when unidentified gunmen fired at a taxi in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan on Tuesday, police said.
The gunmen fired indiscriminately at the taxi in which five men were going from Quetta to the suburb of Hazara Town. They fled after the shooting.
The dead and injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
Security forces cordoned off the area and conducted a search but were unable to make any arrests.
Officials described the incident as a targeted attack on members of the minority Hazara Shia community.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, which has killed dozens of Hazara Shias across Balochistan province over the past few months.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif exonerated in Panama Papers case: Report
- NHPC share sale: Institutional buyers put in Rs 3,410 crore bids
- See pic: NASA's Cassini spots a sea of Methane on Saturn's moon, Titan!
- CGBSE.net Class 10th HS Results 2016: Chattisgarh Board CGBSE.nic.in High School (Class 10th X) Exam Results 2016 to be announced today
- Fed keeps key rate unchanged, noting slower US growth