Three Shia men killed in Pak gun attack
Islamabad: Unidentified gunmen shot dead three members of the minority Shia community and injured three more in two sectarian attacks in Quetta city of southwest Pakistan Saturday, police said.
A Shia Hazara man was shot down on Zarghoon Road and two more members of the community were killed at Manak Chowk in Quetta, the capital of the restive Balochistan province.
Three others were injured in the two shootings, police said.
The gunmen fled after the attacks.
Balochistan has been rocked by ethnic and sectarian violence over the past few years.
The Taliban, sectarian extremist groups like the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and Baloch separatist groups are active in the province.
On Tuesday, gunmen shot dead three Shia Hazara men in a similar attack in Quetta.
Yesterday, gunmen riding a motorcycle shot dead a man Shia Hazara man in the city.
The Hazara community has repeatedly been targeted in a series of sectarian attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre