Three soldiers die in Afghanistan
Kabul: Three members of the United States-led military coalition were killed on Wednesday in Afghanistan, NATO said.
The coalition said two died in a roadside bombing in southern Afghanistan, where foreign forces are trying to hold the ground they seized from Taliban insurgents in major offensives over the past year.
Another died in eastern Afghanistan in an episode that was not related to combat.
No other details were disclosed, pending notification of the service members’ relatives.
So far this year, 328 foreign troops have been killed in Afghanistan. Last year, 404 died in the first seven months of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'