Three soldiers killed, 11 hurt in suicide attack in PoK
Islamabad: A suicide bomber struck an army
barrack in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir on Wednesday, killing at least
three soldiers and wounding 11 more in the latest in a wave of
terrorist attacks across the country.
The bomber targeted the barracks close to an army
hospital at Tararkhal, over 90 km from PoK capital
Muzaffarabad, police said.
Part of the barracks was destroyed by the blast.
There were about 35 soldiers in the facility at the time
of the attack this morning. Three soldiers were killed
instantly and 11 more injured.
The wounded were taken to the army hospital.
Police said the bomber detonated his explosives after
guards stopped him at the gate of the barracks.
Over 600 people have died in bombings and suicide attacks
across Pakistan since October, when the army launched a major
operation against the Taliban in their stronghold of South
In recent weeks, the violence has spread to PoK, which
was largely unaffected by militant attacks over the years.
Last month, 10 people were killed when a suicide bomber
struck a Shia procession in Muzaffarabad.
Two soldiers were killed when a bomber carried out the
first suicide attack in PoK in June last year.
Reports have said that several banned groups, including
the Jaish-e-Mohammed and Lashker-e-Toiba, have stepped up
their activities in PoK over the past year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders