Three suspected terrorists arrested in Pakistan
Lahore: Pakistani law enforcement agencies on Saturday arrested three suspected terrorists who were allegedly planning to target Shia processions during the Islamic month of Muharram in Lahore.
Policemen working in collaboration with personnel of an intelligence agency raided a house on the outskirts of the Defence Housing Authority and arrested the three men, Lahore Police spokesman Niyab Haider said.
Weapons and grenades were recovered from the men.
Their initial interrogation revealed that they were planning to target Shia processions during Muharram, which begins later this month, he said.
The arrested men were taken to an undisclosed place for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress