Three suspected terrorists arrested in Pakistan
Lahore: Pakistani law enforcement agencies on Saturday arrested three suspected terrorists who were allegedly planning to target Shia processions during the Islamic month of Muharram in Lahore.
Policemen working in collaboration with personnel of an intelligence agency raided a house on the outskirts of the Defence Housing Authority and arrested the three men, Lahore Police spokesman Niyab Haider said.
Weapons and grenades were recovered from the men.
Their initial interrogation revealed that they were planning to target Shia processions during Muharram, which begins later this month, he said.
The arrested men were taken to an undisclosed place for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought