Three suspected terrorists arrested in Pakistan
Lahore: Pakistani law enforcement agencies on Saturday arrested three suspected terrorists who were allegedly planning to target Shia processions during the Islamic month of Muharram in Lahore.
Policemen working in collaboration with personnel of an intelligence agency raided a house on the outskirts of the Defence Housing Authority and arrested the three men, Lahore Police spokesman Niyab Haider said.
Weapons and grenades were recovered from the men.
Their initial interrogation revealed that they were planning to target Shia processions during Muharram, which begins later this month, he said.
The arrested men were taken to an undisclosed place for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city