Three suspected terrorists arrested in Pakistan
Lahore: Pakistani law enforcement agencies on Saturday arrested three suspected terrorists who were allegedly planning to target Shia processions during the Islamic month of Muharram in Lahore.
Policemen working in collaboration with personnel of an intelligence agency raided a house on the outskirts of the Defence Housing Authority and arrested the three men, Lahore Police spokesman Niyab Haider said.
Weapons and grenades were recovered from the men.
Their initial interrogation revealed that they were planning to target Shia processions during Muharram, which begins later this month, he said.
The arrested men were taken to an undisclosed place for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued