Three suspected terrorists arrested in Pakistan
Lahore: Pakistani law enforcement agencies on Saturday arrested three suspected terrorists who were allegedly planning to target Shia processions during the Islamic month of Muharram in Lahore.
Policemen working in collaboration with personnel of an intelligence agency raided a house on the outskirts of the Defence Housing Authority and arrested the three men, Lahore Police spokesman Niyab Haider said.
Weapons and grenades were recovered from the men.
Their initial interrogation revealed that they were planning to target Shia processions during Muharram, which begins later this month, he said.
The arrested men were taken to an undisclosed place for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4