Tibetan leader greets Tobgay for winning Bhutan polls
Dharamsala: Tibetan prime minister-in-exile Lobsang Sangay Tuesday greeted People`s Democratic Party (PDP) president Tshering Tobgay on his party`s victory in the Bhutan elections.
"I, on behalf of the Kashag (cabinet), extend my greetings to you for winning with majority in the parliamentary elections in Bhutan," Sangay, the democratically elected political leader of the Tibetan people, said in his congratulatory message.
"I also congratulate all candidates of Druk Phuensum Tshogpa (DPT) party for the smooth and peaceful democratic transition of power and leading the country for the past five years," he added.
The PDP Sunday won 32 of the 47 seats of the national assembly or lower house of Bhutan`s parliament. Voting was held Saturday in the picturesque nation of 750,000 people.
The Tibetan administration in exile is based in this northern Indian hill town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam