Ties with Pak complicated: US
Washington: America`s relationship with Pakistan on the issue of visas and the treatment being meted out to its diplomat serving in this South Asian nation has been a complicated one, even as the two countries have made some progress in this regard, a US official said on Monday.
"It has been complicated," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters when asked about increase in instances of harassment to US diplomats in Pakistan as reported by an official State Department report.
"We`ve made some progress on some of these, and we have to just continue to work on them as we deal with other things," she said.
"With regard to the issues, we have had with regard to our diplomats, we have been in consultation with the Pakistani side on these issues to make sure that the rules of the road are clear and it is absolutely understood by the Pakistani side what functions these individuals are involved in. And we`ll continue to do that," Nuland said.
"With regard to some of the things that you`ve seen in the Pakistani media, we work very hard to ensure that we are clear and within the Vienna Convention with regard to the behavior of our diplomats, not just in Pakistan, but around the world," she said when told that there have been a lot of reports coming out of Pakistan that US diplomats have been stopped and found with various weapons, which they perhaps not licensed to have at the time in that area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3