Time is not on allies` side in Afghanistan: NATO
Brussels: NATO`s chief says time is not on the alliance`s side in Afghanistan and that the allies must quickly endorse General Stanley McChrystal`s recommendation to send reinforcements to deal with the escalating insurgency.
But Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen says he doesn`t expect alliance defence ministers to discuss such steps at their meeting this week in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Fogh Rasmussen said on Monday it "makes sense" to delay such decisions until the final results of Afghanistan`s disputed Presidential Elections are known.
US President Barack Obama`s administration is studying a set of recommendations by General McChrystal, the top US and NATO commander in Afghanistan, for thousands more troops to end the 8-year war.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi