Times Square plot: Six more detained in Pak
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities have taken
into custody another six persons on suspicion of having links
to Pakistani-American terror suspect Faisal Shahzad, arrested
in the US for the botched Times Square car bombing.
The six were detained in different cities across the
country, Geo News channel reported today, quoting unnamed
The detained persons are being probed by law enforcement
agencies, the channel said, without giving details.
The Pakistan government has decided to conduct a probe
against persons detained within the country in connection with
the attempted bombing in New York.
The findings of the probe will be shared with the US, the
Earlier this month also, a top police official in Punjab
province had said that at least seven suspects were detained
in Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad and Karachi for alleged
links to Shahzad.
He had said that they were shifted to an undisclosed
location for interrogation.
US authorities have said that Shahzad, son of a retired
senior officer of the Pakistan Air Force, received bomb-making
training in the Waziristan tribal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'