Top Chinese diplomat on visit to Nepal
Kathmandu: China`s top diplomat arrived here on Monday leading a delegation on an official visit to Nepal amid reports the two countries will step up security cooperation.
State Councilor Yang Jiechi is leading the delegation on the two-day visit.
Yang is China`s highest-ranking diplomat, a post akin to National Security Advisor.
The Chinese delegation is scheduled to meet Nepal`s Foreign Minister and Home Minister Madhav Ghimire.
Yang is also scheduled to call on Chairman of Interim Election Government Khil Raj Regmi and Vice President Paramananda Jha tomorrow, according to sources at the Council of Ministers.
As per media reports here, two agreements will be signed during his visit ? one with Nepal`s Election Commission, where China will provide NRs 155.50 million for Nepal`s Constituent Assembly polls in November.
Another agreement will be signed to set up an Armed Police Force (APF) training academy, where China has agreed to grant NRs 3.06 billion.
During his visit to Nepal last year, former Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao had exchanged notes on Chinese assistance in building the police academy..
Earlier today, the Chinese Foreign Ministry in Beijing praised Nepal for curbing Tibetan "separatist forces" on its soil.
Yang is also scheduled to open the Kathmandu Ring Road Improvement Project tomorrow.
Yang is the highest-ranking foreign dignitary to visit Nepal after the formation of the Interim Election Government in March.
Yang will also meet leaders of major political parties and discuss the latest political situation in Nepal.
China`s support base in Nepal has expanded after UCPN-Maoist led by Prachanda came to power.
Prachanda was one of the early visitors to Beijing this year after the once-in-a-decade leadership change in China and he had met new Chinese President Xi Jinping and other top leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly