Top Chinese military officer in Pakistan
Islamabad: Ma Xiaotian, the deputy chief of general staff of the People`s Liberation Army of China, is on an official visit to Pakistan.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf said during talks with Ma Tuesday that the friendship between the two countries has withstood the vicissitudes of international situations.
Pakistan firmly supports China`s stand on defending territorial integrity, and greatly values the traditional friendship, he said.
The Pakistani government, people and army share broad consensus on having friendly ties with China, Ashraf told Ma, who is here for defence talks, Xinhua reported.
Ma said China-Pakistan relations set an example of relations between countries of different ideologies, religions, cultures and social systems.
He said China is ready to continue to work with Pakistan to adapt to the new situations and changes to consolidate their friendship, enrich the content of their exchanges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS