Top Chinese military officer in Pakistan
Islamabad: Ma Xiaotian, the deputy chief of general staff of the People`s Liberation Army of China, is on an official visit to Pakistan.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf said during talks with Ma Tuesday that the friendship between the two countries has withstood the vicissitudes of international situations.
Pakistan firmly supports China`s stand on defending territorial integrity, and greatly values the traditional friendship, he said.
The Pakistani government, people and army share broad consensus on having friendly ties with China, Ashraf told Ma, who is here for defence talks, Xinhua reported.
Ma said China-Pakistan relations set an example of relations between countries of different ideologies, religions, cultures and social systems.
He said China is ready to continue to work with Pakistan to adapt to the new situations and changes to consolidate their friendship, enrich the content of their exchanges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed