Top Pak military official`s son-in-law kidnapped
Lahore: The son-in-law of Pakistan`s
second highest ranking military official was abducted from
outside his residence in this eastern city today, police said
Aamir Malick, the son-in-law of Joint Chiefs of Staff
Committee Chairman Gen Tariq Majid, was forced into a car
outside his residence in Model Town and taken away yesterday
evening, police said.
At least 10 people travelling in a car and two
motorcycles were involved in the abduction, according to a
First Information Report registered by police.
Malick, who runs an upmarket jewellery store, was
abducted shortly after he drove up to his home in his car.
It could not immediately be ascertained whether he had
been kidnapped for ransom or whether any militant group was
involved in the crime.
Lahore police chief Aslam Tareen said Malick`s family
had not yet received any call from the kidnappers.
"It is premature to say that Malick has been abducted
either for ransom or by militant organisations. However we are
working actively on the case," he said.
Punjab province police chief Tariq Saleem Dogar is
personally monitoring the case. Data of incoming and outgoing
calls of Malick`s mobile phone had been collected, officials
A senior police official, speaking on condition of
anonymity, said: "After the killing of the only son of
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain
and an attempt on the life of the sister of Awami National
Party chief Asfandyar Wali Khan by the Tehrik-e-Taliban
Pakistan, Malick`s abduction by militants cannot be ruled
The local Taliban have threatened to target political
leaders, military officials and their families to avenge the
killing of militants in operations conducted by the Pakistan
Army in the country`s northwest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter