Top Pakistani Taliban commander shot dead
Islamabad: Maulvi Muhammad Iftikhar, a top Pakistani Taliban commander, has been shot dead while he was travelling in a car in northwest Pakistan, Xinhua reported.
He was gunned down in Miranshah town of North Waziristan late Thursday. Iftikhar was one of the six top commanders of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan. One of his guards was also killed, while two others were injured.
Security officials believe the killing may be the result of differences within the ranks of the group. He was one of the main suspects in Islamabad`s Red Mosque attack in July 2008.
The gunmen fled the scene after the attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory