`Top Taliban commander among nine militants killed in Pak`
Peshawar: Nine Taliban fighters,
including a top commander, have been killed after being taken
hostage by a rival militant faction in northwest Pakistan,
sources said on Saturday.
Militant commander Qari Muhammad Yousaf and eight
accomplices were taken hostage following a fierce clash with
members of a rival group led by Maulana Noor Jamal in the
Kurram tribal region about 20 days ago.
The dead militants were associated with a Taliban
faction led by Maulana Muhammad Rafique, whose current
whereabouts are not known.
The dead militants were buried in Dogar area of Hangu
district today after their bodies were retrieved following
negotiations between a tribal elder and the Noor Jamal group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!