`Top Taliban commander among nine militants killed in Pak`
Peshawar: Nine Taliban fighters,
including a top commander, have been killed after being taken
hostage by a rival militant faction in northwest Pakistan,
sources said on Saturday.
Militant commander Qari Muhammad Yousaf and eight
accomplices were taken hostage following a fierce clash with
members of a rival group led by Maulana Noor Jamal in the
Kurram tribal region about 20 days ago.
The dead militants were associated with a Taliban
faction led by Maulana Muhammad Rafique, whose current
whereabouts are not known.
The dead militants were buried in Dogar area of Hangu
district today after their bodies were retrieved following
negotiations between a tribal elder and the Noor Jamal group.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India