Top Taliban commanders hiding in Quetta: US
Islamabad: The United States has reiterated that top Afghan Taliban commanders, including Mullah Omar, are hiding in Quetta and creating trouble for the US led NATO forces in Afghanistan.
Deputy chief of the US mission in Pakistan, Gerald M Feierstein, said Washington has credible information that Mullah Omar is in Quetta and ‘freely moves across the border and some other major cities of Pakistan, including Karachi.’
“We are confident that Mullah Omar is in Quetta. We do believe that these people move around, but their locus of operation is Quetta,” The Daily Times quoted Feierstein, as saying.
Feierstein also pointed out that there were ‘individuals’ in Pakistan, who are sympathetic towards Taliban and support its activities.
Commenting on the Kerry-Lugar Bill, that has witnessed wide scale protests in Pakistan; he rejected the notion that the US has attached severe conditions to the USD 1.5 billion annual assistance.
“There is no condition attached to the Bill … there is nothing in the aid Bill that is against the declared policy of the government of Pakistan,” Feierstein said.
He clarified that the certification required in the Bill was a routine affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj