Top US intelligence chief meets Pakistani-Americans
Washington: The Obama administration`s top intelligence chief met a group of Pakistani-Americans here as part of the government`s effort to strengthen relationship with members of immigrant communities, increase cultural awareness and attract prospective employees from their ranks.
Pakistani Ambassador to the US Hussain Haqqani was also present at the meeting with Dennis C Blair, director of National Intelligence, held with Pakistani-Americans here early this week, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said in a statement.
"Pakistan is an important US ally in the fight against terrorists and violent extremists," Blair said. Still, understanding needs to be improved on both sides, he said, and Pakistani-Americans can help bridge the gaps.
"We need you to help us build a better relationship between the United States and Pakistan," Blair said, speaking from the headquarters of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. Both nations face a "common threat”.
Participants included business leaders, college students and federal employees of Pakistani descent.
"It`s really important that the Intelligence Community interact with the Pakistani-American community because the Pakistani-American community brings a wealth of knowledge, various perspectives; and the Intelligence Community will definitely be enriched by these perspectives," Haqqani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan