Traitor doctor can turn to higher courts: Gilani
Islamabad, May 28 (ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has fended off criticism over the conviction of Dr Shakil Afridi, who helped the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) track Osama Bin Laden in Abbottabad last year, saying he could defend himself in the higher courts under the country`s existing laws.
Gilani said although Dr Afridi`s actions were "wrongful", he should still hope for justice through normal courts, reports The Express Tribune.
Dr Afridi was sentenced to 33 years for treason, last week. He was sacked as a government doctor two months ago and was found guilty under the tribal justice system in Khyber district, part of Pakistan`s semi-autonomous tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie