Travel curbs for Americans in Pak over anti-Islam film
Islamabad: The US has imposed travel restrictions for its employees in Pakistan following huge protests against a US-made anti-Islam film.
The restrictions have been introduced as anti-US demonstrations continued in Pakistan Tuesday and more are planned in the coming days, Xinhua reported Tuesday.
"The US government has instituted travel restrictions for its employees throughout the country," the US embassy said on its website.
The alert says that the US government staff can now undertake essential travel only in Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar where it has consulates, besides Islamabad.
"We remind US citizens that demonstrations and protests in Pakistan are often spontaneous and can occur with little advance notice."
The message urged US citizens to avoid all demonstrations and maintain a low profile.
US citizens have also been asked to monitor the local news and maintain contact with the nearest US embassy or consulate by monitoring their websites for security updates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof