Tropical storms kill 13 people in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Tropical storms that tore through
parts of Bangladesh have killed 13 people and injured about
100, media reports said.
Dhaka`s Prothom Alo newspaper and private television
station Desh TV are reporting that the rainstorms hit six
northern districts yesterday, levelling hundreds of mostly
mud-and-thatched houses and leaving several thousand people
According to today`s reports, rescuers pulled out 13
bodies, including those of children, from the debris of
collapsed houses and trees.
Tropical storms are common in Bangladesh, a delta
nation of 150 million people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad