Tropical storms kill 13 people in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Tropical storms that tore through
parts of Bangladesh have killed 13 people and injured about
100, media reports said.
Dhaka`s Prothom Alo newspaper and private television
station Desh TV are reporting that the rainstorms hit six
northern districts yesterday, levelling hundreds of mostly
mud-and-thatched houses and leaving several thousand people
According to today`s reports, rescuers pulled out 13
bodies, including those of children, from the debris of
collapsed houses and trees.
Tropical storms are common in Bangladesh, a delta
nation of 150 million people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore