Trouble brews up between PPP, MQM over Karachi killings
Karachi: Pakistan`s ruling PPP is facing a tricky situation in the Sindh province where lawmakers of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement, a coalition partner, have voiced their desire to sit on the opposition benches over the issue of "targeted killings" of their party activists.
Trouble has been brewing between the Pakistan Peoples Party led Sindh government and the Muttahida Qaumi Movement, which is a coalition partner in central and Sindh government for weeks now with target killings in Karachi the flashpoint.
The MQM claims that around 20 of its workers have been shot dead this week in target killings in Karachi by elements patronised by some senior leaders of provincial government.
"The provincial government is doing absolutely nothing to stop this and we have pleaded several times with them to stop this violence against our workers," MQM senior leader, Haider Abbas Rizvi said.
MQM provincial legislators yesterday issued a statement asking its party coordination (Raabta) committee that they should be allowed to sit in the Opposition over the irresponsible attitude of the Sindh Government.
MQM parliamentarians said that an important figure of the federal government was repeatedly informed about the irresponsible attitude of the Sindh government.
However, it is regretted that the federal government had failed to take any concrete step in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read