TTP claims responsibility for Kohat car bomb attack
Kohat: The Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for Sunday’s suicide car bomb attack in Northwestern Pakistan’s Kohat region.
At least seven people were killed and over 31 others were injured in the incident.
Nine security officials, including two personnel of the Frontier Constabulary and seven policemen, were among the 31 people injured in the attack.
TTP’s spokesman Qari Hussain said the vehicle had accidentally exploded near the Bilitang police station, adding that the actual target were security forces in the Kohat Cantonment, The Dawn reports.
Deputy Inspector of Police of Kohat region, Abdullah Khan, said around 250 kilograms of explosives were used in the attack on the police station.
The vehicle hit a tractor parked near the wall of the police station, and damaged the police station’s building, a nearby school and four vehicles.
The attack came less than 24 hours after two suicide bombers dressed in burqas struck a refugee camp killing at least 41 and wounding more than 60 peoples.
The bombers struck minutes apart on Saturday (April 17) in the Kacha Pukha camp on the outskirts of the garrison city of Kohat, a registration centre for people fleeing Taliban violence and Pakistani army operations close to the Afghan border.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview