TTP claims responsibility for Kohat car bomb attack
Kohat: The Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for Sunday’s suicide car bomb attack in Northwestern Pakistan’s Kohat region.
At least seven people were killed and over 31 others were injured in the incident.
Nine security officials, including two personnel of the Frontier Constabulary and seven policemen, were among the 31 people injured in the attack.
TTP’s spokesman Qari Hussain said the vehicle had accidentally exploded near the Bilitang police station, adding that the actual target were security forces in the Kohat Cantonment, The Dawn reports.
Deputy Inspector of Police of Kohat region, Abdullah Khan, said around 250 kilograms of explosives were used in the attack on the police station.
The vehicle hit a tractor parked near the wall of the police station, and damaged the police station’s building, a nearby school and four vehicles.
The attack came less than 24 hours after two suicide bombers dressed in burqas struck a refugee camp killing at least 41 and wounding more than 60 peoples.
The bombers struck minutes apart on Saturday (April 17) in the Kacha Pukha camp on the outskirts of the garrison city of Kohat, a registration centre for people fleeing Taliban violence and Pakistani army operations close to the Afghan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress