TTP claims responsibility for Kohat car bomb attack
Kohat: The Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for Sunday’s suicide car bomb attack in Northwestern Pakistan’s Kohat region.
At least seven people were killed and over 31 others were injured in the incident.
Nine security officials, including two personnel of the Frontier Constabulary and seven policemen, were among the 31 people injured in the attack.
TTP’s spokesman Qari Hussain said the vehicle had accidentally exploded near the Bilitang police station, adding that the actual target were security forces in the Kohat Cantonment, The Dawn reports.
Deputy Inspector of Police of Kohat region, Abdullah Khan, said around 250 kilograms of explosives were used in the attack on the police station.
The vehicle hit a tractor parked near the wall of the police station, and damaged the police station’s building, a nearby school and four vehicles.
The attack came less than 24 hours after two suicide bombers dressed in burqas struck a refugee camp killing at least 41 and wounding more than 60 peoples.
The bombers struck minutes apart on Saturday (April 17) in the Kacha Pukha camp on the outskirts of the garrison city of Kohat, a registration centre for people fleeing Taliban violence and Pakistani army operations close to the Afghan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25