‘TTP plans to target prominent politicians on Eid’
Peshawar: Pakistani intelligence agencies have reportedly warned that the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) is planning to target prominent politicians and important personalities on Eid.
According to sources, the intelligence agencies have collected information from intercepts of conversations among the TTP militants.
“Militants could make attempts to kill these politicians and other prominent personalities during Eidul Fitr prayers or Eid Milan parties in their respective hometowns,” The News quoted a report, as saying.
The report also said that most of the politicians on the hit list were from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Among those in the list reportedly include Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, former interior minister Faisal Saleh Hayat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa senior minister and Awami National Party (ANP) leader Bashir Ahmad Bilour, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain and provincial police chief Fiaz Ahmad Toru.
Sources said that the personalities have been informed about the potential threat to their lives and their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's tour of Zimbabwe and West Indies: BCCI selection committee to announce squads today
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg celebrates his wedding anniversary in a 'musical' way! - See pic