‘TTP plans to target prominent politicians on Eid’
Peshawar: Pakistani intelligence agencies have reportedly warned that the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) is planning to target prominent politicians and important personalities on Eid.
According to sources, the intelligence agencies have collected information from intercepts of conversations among the TTP militants.
“Militants could make attempts to kill these politicians and other prominent personalities during Eidul Fitr prayers or Eid Milan parties in their respective hometowns,” The News quoted a report, as saying.
The report also said that most of the politicians on the hit list were from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Among those in the list reportedly include Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, former interior minister Faisal Saleh Hayat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa senior minister and Awami National Party (ANP) leader Bashir Ahmad Bilour, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain and provincial police chief Fiaz Ahmad Toru.
Sources said that the personalities have been informed about the potential threat to their lives and their families.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report
- Supreme Court approves single common entrance test for medical courses; NEET to be conducted in two phases
- VVIP chopper scam: Italian firm paid Rs 50 cr to 'manage' media
- Top Islamic State operative killed in Lebanon
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: The countdown has officially begun