‘TTP plans to target prominent politicians on Eid’
Peshawar: Pakistani intelligence agencies have reportedly warned that the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) is planning to target prominent politicians and important personalities on Eid.
According to sources, the intelligence agencies have collected information from intercepts of conversations among the TTP militants.
“Militants could make attempts to kill these politicians and other prominent personalities during Eidul Fitr prayers or Eid Milan parties in their respective hometowns,” The News quoted a report, as saying.
The report also said that most of the politicians on the hit list were from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Among those in the list reportedly include Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, former interior minister Faisal Saleh Hayat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa senior minister and Awami National Party (ANP) leader Bashir Ahmad Bilour, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain and provincial police chief Fiaz Ahmad Toru.
Sources said that the personalities have been informed about the potential threat to their lives and their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- India set to get MTCR membership, NSG option remains open: MEA
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva