Turkey condemns attack at Chinese train station
Ankara: Turkey Monday strongly condemned the deadly mass stabbing attack in Kunming, capital of China`s south-western Yunnan province, and expressed condolences to the victims` families.
The Turkish Foreign Ministry issued a statement, sharply condemning Saturday`s terrorist attack at Kunming train station and extended sympathy and condolences to the victims and their families, hoping that the wounded will recover as soon as possible, Xinhua reported.
Turkey says it has always stressed that terrorist attacks targeting innocent civilians is unacceptable, adding that those who are responsible for the attacks must be brought to justice.
Last Saturday evening, several black-clad assailants wielding long knives, stabbed and slashed passengers at the square in front of the Kunming Railway Station and ticket hall, killing 29 civilians and injuring 143.
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day