Turkey condemns attack at Chinese train station
Ankara: Turkey Monday strongly condemned the deadly mass stabbing attack in Kunming, capital of China`s south-western Yunnan province, and expressed condolences to the victims` families.
The Turkish Foreign Ministry issued a statement, sharply condemning Saturday`s terrorist attack at Kunming train station and extended sympathy and condolences to the victims and their families, hoping that the wounded will recover as soon as possible, Xinhua reported.
Turkey says it has always stressed that terrorist attacks targeting innocent civilians is unacceptable, adding that those who are responsible for the attacks must be brought to justice.
Last Saturday evening, several black-clad assailants wielding long knives, stabbed and slashed passengers at the square in front of the Kunming Railway Station and ticket hall, killing 29 civilians and injuring 143.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened