Turn LoC into `functional line of commerce`, demands PoK PM
Islamabad: The Line of Control that
divides Kashmir between India and Pakistan should be turned
into a "functional line of commerce" and all trade routes that
were in use before the partition should be reopened, PoK`s
`Prime Minister` Sardar Attique Ahmed Khan has said.
He made the remarks while addressing the
inauguration of the web edition of a fortnightly news magazine
in PoK capital Muzaffarabad yesterday.
Barter-based intra-Kashmir trade should be conducted
using currency by involving banks so that trade on both side
of Kashmir becomes easier and more feasible, he said.
Khan, whose tenure will expire after the general
election likely to be held in the first week of July,
announced that his government will preserve the religious
sites of Hindus and Sikhs to promote religious tourism.
"Here, where we are sitting, are the remains of the
sixth kingdom of Sikhs, and to preserve them, police lines are
being shifted elsewhere," he said.
He claimed his government had made progress in
developing tourism, hydropower projects, industry,
communication, transport, information technology and
preservation of forests, environment and culture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- England V Pakistan: James Anderson doubtful for first Test, fractures right shoulder
- Dieselgate: Volkswagen Ready to Pay $10 billion to settle US claims
- Aston Martin begins production of new Twin-Turbo V12 Engine
- Scotland seeks immediate EU talks to protect place in bloc
- Bihar toppers scam: Arts topper Ruby Rai arrested