TV shows CIA bomber with Pak Taliban leader
Islamabad: A Pakistan television station showed on Saturday what it said was the suicide bomber double agent who killed CIA agents in Afghanistan sitting with the Pakistani Taliban leader, and reported he shared US and Jordanian state secrets with militants.
Private television station AAJ showed a video of the bomber, speaking in English but hardly audible, with Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud beside him.
"Jordanian and American intelligence had offered him millions of dollars in exchange for spying on the mujahideen (holy warriors). But he rejected wealth and joined the mujahideen," said AAJ of Humam Khalil Abu-Mulal al-Balawi, a Jordanian.
The channel quoted him by his online persona Abu Dujana al-Khorasani as saying that he "shared all secrets of Jordanian and American intelligence with his fellow (militants)."
If the video is authentic, it points to huge intelligence failures for the United States and its key Middle East ally Jordan.
Pakistan would also feel the heat. It is struggling against Mehsud`s growing insurgency while facing relentless US pressure to eliminate militant groups that cross its borders to fight in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- Ramayana had another heroine besides SITA – Know more about her contributions
- Samajwadi Party 'goondaraj' in UP? Azam Khan slaps Project Engineer
- This gene puts you at increased kidney disease risk
- 7th Pay Commission: Here's why the latest bonanza won't amuse govt staffers much
- World Bank chief meets PM Modi, promises support to sustainable development