TV shows CIA bomber with Pak Taliban leader
Islamabad: A Pakistan television station showed on Saturday what it said was the suicide bomber double agent who killed CIA agents in Afghanistan sitting with the Pakistani Taliban leader, and reported he shared US and Jordanian state secrets with militants.
Private television station AAJ showed a video of the bomber, speaking in English but hardly audible, with Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud beside him.
"Jordanian and American intelligence had offered him millions of dollars in exchange for spying on the mujahideen (holy warriors). But he rejected wealth and joined the mujahideen," said AAJ of Humam Khalil Abu-Mulal al-Balawi, a Jordanian.
The channel quoted him by his online persona Abu Dujana al-Khorasani as saying that he "shared all secrets of Jordanian and American intelligence with his fellow (militants)."
If the video is authentic, it points to huge intelligence failures for the United States and its key Middle East ally Jordan.
Pakistan would also feel the heat. It is struggling against Mehsud`s growing insurgency while facing relentless US pressure to eliminate militant groups that cross its borders to fight in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples