Twenty five cellphones seized from Pakistani jail
Islamabad: At least 25 cellphones have been recovered from different barracks of a Pakistan jail during a search operation, Online news agency reported Monday. The phones were allegedly allowed by the jail superintendent.
The recovery was made from Adiala jail in Punjab province`s Rawalpindi district where the search was launched following transfer of the jail`s superintendent who had allegedly allowed mobile phones without any check, the report quoted reliable sources as saying.
Batteries, chargers and phone SIM cards were confiscated from jail inmates in various barracks during the search operation carried out by the Adiala jail assistant superintendent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka