Twenty militants killed in clashes in NW Pak
Islamabad: A Pakistan Army major and about
20 Taliban militants were killed when troops retaliated against an attack launched by militants in northwest Pakistan,
officials said Wednesday.
The major was killed when some 60 militants attacked a check post in Kurram tribal region late last night.
The attack was carried out in apparent retaliation for a
recent military operation in the region.
About 20 militants were killed and nine rebel hideouts
were destroyed when the security forces retaliated, unnamed
officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels. There was no official word on the clashes.
The area where the attack occurred had earlier been declared as "clear" by security forces.
However, there have been several incidents of violence in
In a separate incident, a policeman was killed and
another was injured when a police check post in Charsadda area
of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province was targeted with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees