Twenty militants killed in clashes in NW Pak
Islamabad: A Pakistan Army major and about
20 Taliban militants were killed when troops retaliated against an attack launched by militants in northwest Pakistan,
officials said Wednesday.
The major was killed when some 60 militants attacked a check post in Kurram tribal region late last night.
The attack was carried out in apparent retaliation for a
recent military operation in the region.
About 20 militants were killed and nine rebel hideouts
were destroyed when the security forces retaliated, unnamed
officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels. There was no official word on the clashes.
The area where the attack occurred had earlier been declared as "clear" by security forces.
However, there have been several incidents of violence in
In a separate incident, a policeman was killed and
another was injured when a police check post in Charsadda area
of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province was targeted with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'