Twenty militants killed in clashes in NW Pak
Islamabad: A Pakistan Army major and about
20 Taliban militants were killed when troops retaliated against an attack launched by militants in northwest Pakistan,
officials said Wednesday.
The major was killed when some 60 militants attacked a check post in Kurram tribal region late last night.
The attack was carried out in apparent retaliation for a
recent military operation in the region.
About 20 militants were killed and nine rebel hideouts
were destroyed when the security forces retaliated, unnamed
officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels. There was no official word on the clashes.
The area where the attack occurred had earlier been declared as "clear" by security forces.
However, there have been several incidents of violence in
In a separate incident, a policeman was killed and
another was injured when a police check post in Charsadda area
of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province was targeted with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets