Twenty militants killed in clashes in NW Pak
Islamabad: A Pakistan Army major and about
20 Taliban militants were killed when troops retaliated against an attack launched by militants in northwest Pakistan,
officials said Wednesday.
The major was killed when some 60 militants attacked a check post in Kurram tribal region late last night.
The attack was carried out in apparent retaliation for a
recent military operation in the region.
About 20 militants were killed and nine rebel hideouts
were destroyed when the security forces retaliated, unnamed
officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels. There was no official word on the clashes.
The area where the attack occurred had earlier been declared as "clear" by security forces.
However, there have been several incidents of violence in
In a separate incident, a policeman was killed and
another was injured when a police check post in Charsadda area
of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province was targeted with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog