Twin blasts hit Lahore, 23 injured
Islamabad: At least 23 people were injured in eastern Pakistan`s Lahore city when two remote controlled bombs went off at a market on Wednesday.
According to police, the blasts took place around 10 pm at a fruit market in the city`s Badami Bagh area.
According to initial reports, the first blast took place at the entrance of the market. Eye-witnesses said that bomb was planted in a push-cart.
The second blast reportedly took place at a nearby truck stand. The injured were being shifted to Mayo and Mian Munshi Hospitals. Emergency has been imposed at all hospitals of the city.
A high alert has been sounded in the capital of the Punjab province.
Those injured in the blast have been shifted to city`s Meo Hospital.
Ahead of the blast, Pakistani Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud had asked his fighters to step up attacks in Punjab province, especially on intelligence organizations and military facilities like the Pakistan air force base in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!