Twin blasts hit Lahore, 23 injured
Islamabad: At least 23 people were injured in eastern Pakistan`s Lahore city when two remote controlled bombs went off at a market on Wednesday.
According to police, the blasts took place around 10 pm at a fruit market in the city`s Badami Bagh area.
According to initial reports, the first blast took place at the entrance of the market. Eye-witnesses said that bomb was planted in a push-cart.
The second blast reportedly took place at a nearby truck stand. The injured were being shifted to Mayo and Mian Munshi Hospitals. Emergency has been imposed at all hospitals of the city.
A high alert has been sounded in the capital of the Punjab province.
Those injured in the blast have been shifted to city`s Meo Hospital.
Ahead of the blast, Pakistani Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud had asked his fighters to step up attacks in Punjab province, especially on intelligence organizations and military facilities like the Pakistan air force base in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe