Twin blasts hit Pakistan’s Multan city; 12 dead
Multan (Pakistan): At least 12 people were killed Tuesday in two simultaneous blasts targetted at a building of Pakistan`s spy agency in Multan city, officials and media reports said.
The explosions took place at Qasim Bella area of Multan Cantonment, which is part of the parliamentary constituency of Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Arif Ikaram said the first blast occurred at 12.10 pm.
At least 12 people were killed and 10 injured in the blasts, said an official of Rescue 1122. The injured were taken to the Nishtar Hospital and Civil Hospital.
An eyewitness told Geo News that he was passing through the area when he heard a low-intensity blast followed by a massive explosion.
He added that the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) building was extensively damaged as a result. The ISI is the country`s main and most feared intelligence agency.
Another witness said that gunshots were fired before the blasts.
The windowpanes of houses and building were shattered, Online news agency reported.
A military helicopter immediately took to the sky and hovered over the area.
Pakistan has witnessed a string of terror attacks since early October that have claimed over 250 lives.
Peshawar witnessed this year`s worst terror attack October 28 when a massive explosion in a crowded market killed 117 people and injured over 200.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!