Twin blasts injure 23 in north Afghanistan
Kabul: Twin blasts targeting a senior anti-
terrorism official rocked a northern province in Afghanistan
on Monday, injuring 23 persons including eight policemen.
The explosions occurred in quick succession at the same
site in the northern Baghlan province of Afghanistan,
provincial officials said.
There were no casualties when the first explosion hit the
Baghlan-i-Markazi area but when security officials came to the
site to investigate the incident, a second blast occurred
injuring 23 people.
"A total of 23 people were wounded -- eight are policemen
and fifteen are civilians," said Gen Assadullah Sherzad
provincial police chief of the Baghlan province.
A police official who spoke on condition of anonymity
because he was not authorised to speak on the subject said the
target of the attack was the provincial director of counter
terrorism and director of criminal investigation department of
Baghlan and both were among the injured.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility by Taliban
or any other insurgent groups active in the area.
In another report, a statement from the Afghan Interior
Ministry said today that 17 armed insurgents had been killed
over the last 24 hours in joint Afghan and coalition
It said two insurgents were wounded and 10 others were
captured, and joint Afghan and international forces discovered
and confiscated light and heavy weapons in the operation, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured