Two British soldiers killed in Afghanistan
London: Britain`s military says two of its
soldiers have been killed by an explosion in Afghanistan`s
southern Helmand Province.
The Ministry of Defence said today that a soldier from
the 3rd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment and another from 2nd
Battalion The Rifles died when their foot patrol was hit by a
blast near the town of Sangin yesterday.
The deaths bring the number of British service
personnel killed in the country since the 2001 invasion to
206, including 15 this month.
The ministry said the soldiers` families have been
Britain has about 9,000 troops in Afghanistan. The
government says it will not reduce the country`s commitment
despite the rising death toll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!