Two British soldiers killed in Afghanistan
London: Britain`s military says two of its
soldiers have been killed by an explosion in Afghanistan`s
southern Helmand Province.
The Ministry of Defence said today that a soldier from
the 3rd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment and another from 2nd
Battalion The Rifles died when their foot patrol was hit by a
blast near the town of Sangin yesterday.
The deaths bring the number of British service
personnel killed in the country since the 2001 invasion to
206, including 15 this month.
The ministry said the soldiers` families have been
Britain has about 9,000 troops in Afghanistan. The
government says it will not reduce the country`s commitment
despite the rising death toll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'