Two British soldiers killed in Afghanistan
London: Britain`s military says two of its
soldiers have been killed by an explosion in Afghanistan`s
southern Helmand Province.
The Ministry of Defence said today that a soldier from
the 3rd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment and another from 2nd
Battalion The Rifles died when their foot patrol was hit by a
blast near the town of Sangin yesterday.
The deaths bring the number of British service
personnel killed in the country since the 2001 invasion to
206, including 15 this month.
The ministry said the soldiers` families have been
Britain has about 9,000 troops in Afghanistan. The
government says it will not reduce the country`s commitment
despite the rising death toll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!