Two convicted killers of Mujib buried
Dhaka: Two of the five ex-Army officers, who were executed for their role in the assassination of the Bangladesh`s founder Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in 1975, were buried on Thursday at their ancestral villages.
Ex-lieutenant colonels Shahriar Rashid Khan and Syed Farooq Rahman, were buried this morning at their ancestral villages in Brahmanbari and Naogaon.
Shahriar`s son Ashraf Rahman Khan received his father`s body at about 6:30 am local time. Later, he was buried at his family graveyard at Gopinathpur around 7:30 am.
Farooq`s body was received by his cousin Dewan Asadur Rahman Mithu after it reached at Naogaon around 8:45 am. His burial took place at his village at Marma Mallikpur in Naogaon district around 10:00 am after the funeral prayer.
Meanwhile, the body of another convict ex-major Bazlul Huda arrived at his home village in Alamdanga of Chuadanga district. Huda`s younger brother Nurul Huda received the body.
The bodies of AKM Mohiuddin and Mohiuddin Ahmed were on the ways to their native villages at Rangabali in Galachipa upazila of Patuakhali district and Barabaishdiya union in Kalapara of the district respectively.
The five condemned killers were hanged early today at Dhaka Central Jail amid tight security. Earlier, five ambulances were brought in to the Dhaka Central Jail to collect the bodies after the executions and take those to their respective villages. The ambulances were escorted by Rapid Action Battalion and police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH