Two death sentences given to Pak man over rape, murder
Lahore: A Pakistani court has awarded two death sentences to a man who raped and killed an eight-year-old girl in the central Punjab province.
Muhammad Usman was sentenced by Additional Sessions Judge Wasimur Rehman Khakwani during a hearing at a court here yesterday.
The judge also ordered Khakwani to pay a fine of Rupees 250,000 to for his offence.
Usman, a resident of Green Town in Lahore, kidnapped Naheem Sonu when she had gone to a market near her home to buy some candies.
He took her to a deserted place and raped and killed her, prosecutors said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray