Two foreign soldiers killed in Afghan blast
Kabul: Two soldiers of the NATO-led coalition were killed in an explosion in eastern Afghanistan, the coalition forces said Monday.
"Two International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) service members died following an improvised explosive device attack in eastern Afghanistan yesterday (Sunday)," the ISAF said in a statement.
The statement, however, did not reveal the nationalities of the victims as per the ISAF policy.
Currently there are more than 87,000 ISAF personnel, including 60,000 Americans, serving in Afghanistan. Majority of the soldiers deployed in eastern Afghan region are Americans.
The Sunday`s bombing casualties bring to 131 the number of foreign soldiers who have been killed in the central Asian state so far this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly