Two foreign soldiers killed in Afghan blast
Kabul: Two soldiers of the NATO-led coalition were killed in an explosion in eastern Afghanistan, the coalition forces said Monday.
"Two International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) service members died following an improvised explosive device attack in eastern Afghanistan yesterday (Sunday)," the ISAF said in a statement.
The statement, however, did not reveal the nationalities of the victims as per the ISAF policy.
Currently there are more than 87,000 ISAF personnel, including 60,000 Americans, serving in Afghanistan. Majority of the soldiers deployed in eastern Afghan region are Americans.
The Sunday`s bombing casualties bring to 131 the number of foreign soldiers who have been killed in the central Asian state so far this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore
- US flight from New Orleans to Orlando makes emergency landing after engine fails
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why