Two foreign soldiers killed in Afghan blast
Kabul: Two soldiers of the NATO-led coalition were killed in an explosion in eastern Afghanistan, the coalition forces said Monday.
"Two International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) service members died following an improvised explosive device attack in eastern Afghanistan yesterday (Sunday)," the ISAF said in a statement.
The statement, however, did not reveal the nationalities of the victims as per the ISAF policy.
Currently there are more than 87,000 ISAF personnel, including 60,000 Americans, serving in Afghanistan. Majority of the soldiers deployed in eastern Afghan region are Americans.
The Sunday`s bombing casualties bring to 131 the number of foreign soldiers who have been killed in the central Asian state so far this year.
- Stop spending money on festivities; focus on education, healthcare: RSS to temples
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get higher pay scales than recommended earlier
- AgustaWestland case: Former Air Chief SP Tyagi appears before CBI for questioning
- Beat the summer heat with these five cooling foods!