Two gang-raped nurses expelled from hostel in Pakistan
Peshawar: A hospital probe committee has decided to expel from the hostel two trainee nurses who were gang-raped in this Pakistani city. The reason: The victims violated the rules.
The three-member committee, which was set up to investigate the gang rape of the two trainee nurses of the Khyber Teaching Hospital here, decided to expel the girls from the hostel for violation of rules, the News International reported on Thursday.
Sources said that the young women were kidnapped by four people from Sadar Bazaar where they had gone for shopping. The victims were gang-raped on Sunday.
The assailants then dumped the women on the Ring Road in semi-conscious condition.
The victims` condition was critical due to profuse bleeding.
The trainee nurses told the hospital committee that Sunday being a public holiday they had gone to Sadar Bazaar for shopping and on their way back to the hospital hostel they asked the taxi driver to stop so that they could buy juice, a source said.
The women said they fell unconscious after drinking the juice and when they regained consciousness, they found themselves in a room where they were gang-raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...