Two Indians arrested for stealing jewellery in Lanka
Colombo: Two Indians posing themselves as
Hindu priests in Sri Lanka were arrested with gold jewellery
worth Rs 9 lakhs, police said here on Thursday.
The two, aged between 24 and 25, were conducting
poojas when one of their hosts complained that their jewellery
has been stolen, officials at North Colombo police station at
After an investigation, the gold jewellery worth Rs
900,000 were found from the two youths, they said.
The duo will be produced in the magistrate court at
Hulftsdorp later today, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok