Two Indians arrested for stealing jewellery in Lanka
Colombo: Two Indians posing themselves as
Hindu priests in Sri Lanka were arrested with gold jewellery
worth Rs 9 lakhs, police said here on Thursday.
The two, aged between 24 and 25, were conducting
poojas when one of their hosts complained that their jewellery
has been stolen, officials at North Colombo police station at
After an investigation, the gold jewellery worth Rs
900,000 were found from the two youths, they said.
The duo will be produced in the magistrate court at
Hulftsdorp later today, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!