Two Indians hurt in Kabul bomb attack
Kabul/New Delhi: Two Indians were injured
as a suicide bomber blew up an explosives-laden car in the
heavily-guarded diplomatic area of Afghanistan`s capital city
of Kabul killing eight people on Tuesday.
The attacker struck at around 10 AM local time in Wazir
Akbar Khan area at a place close to the residence of former
Vice President Ahmad Zia Massoud and near a hotel popular
among westerners, officials said.
Massoud is the brother of legendary anti-Taliban leader
Ahmad Shah Massoud, who was killed by al-Qaeda two days before
the attacks in the US on September 11, 2001.
Today`s attack left eight people dead and several
Among the injured were two Indians working for I.O.
Global company, which is providing internet services in Kabul.
They were identified only as Ajay and Mandal.
The two Indians, who suffered minor injuries, work as
cooks in the I.O. Global`s guest house that suffered damage in
the blast, External Affairs Ministry spokesman Vishnu Prakash
said in New Delhi.
Dozens of Indians are staying in the guest house.
The explosion also caused damage, like breakage of
window panes and doors, to residences of three Indian Embassy
However, all staffers of the Indian Embassy are safe.
India strongly condemned the terror attack. "We
unequivocally condemn the cowardly act. Our heart goes out to
the victims," Prakash said, expressing "deepest condolences"
to the near and dear ones of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister