Two Indians hurt in Kabul bomb attack
Kabul/New Delhi: Two Indians were injured
as a suicide bomber blew up an explosives-laden car in the
heavily-guarded diplomatic area of Afghanistan`s capital city
of Kabul killing eight people on Tuesday.
The attacker struck at around 10 AM local time in Wazir
Akbar Khan area at a place close to the residence of former
Vice President Ahmad Zia Massoud and near a hotel popular
among westerners, officials said.
Massoud is the brother of legendary anti-Taliban leader
Ahmad Shah Massoud, who was killed by al-Qaeda two days before
the attacks in the US on September 11, 2001.
Today`s attack left eight people dead and several
Among the injured were two Indians working for I.O.
Global company, which is providing internet services in Kabul.
They were identified only as Ajay and Mandal.
The two Indians, who suffered minor injuries, work as
cooks in the I.O. Global`s guest house that suffered damage in
the blast, External Affairs Ministry spokesman Vishnu Prakash
said in New Delhi.
Dozens of Indians are staying in the guest house.
The explosion also caused damage, like breakage of
window panes and doors, to residences of three Indian Embassy
However, all staffers of the Indian Embassy are safe.
India strongly condemned the terror attack. "We
unequivocally condemn the cowardly act. Our heart goes out to
the victims," Prakash said, expressing "deepest condolences"
to the near and dear ones of the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read