Two Japanese nationals reported missing in Lahore
Lahore: Two Japanese nationals have been reported missing in the capital of Pakistan`s central Punjab province, official sources said on Tuesday.
The Japanese Embassy in Islamabad has written a letter to Pakistan`s Foreign Ministry, informing it that two of its citizens have been missing in Lahore for the last couple of months.
The embassy sought help from the Pakistan government to trace the missing persons.
Official sources told PTI that the two Japanese were working for an automobile company in Lahore.
The Foreign Ministry has asked security agencies to confirm if the missing persons are in their custody.
It has also directed the Punjab Home Department?to check with all provincial prisons if the missing Japanese nationals are in custody.
However, a spokesman for the Japanese Embassy in Islamabad told PTI that he was not aware of the development. "We have no knowledge about two Japanese going missing in Lahore," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player