Two Japanese nationals reported missing in Lahore
Lahore: Two Japanese nationals have been reported missing in the capital of Pakistan`s central Punjab province, official sources said on Tuesday.
The Japanese Embassy in Islamabad has written a letter to Pakistan`s Foreign Ministry, informing it that two of its citizens have been missing in Lahore for the last couple of months.
The embassy sought help from the Pakistan government to trace the missing persons.
Official sources told PTI that the two Japanese were working for an automobile company in Lahore.
The Foreign Ministry has asked security agencies to confirm if the missing persons are in their custody.
It has also directed the Punjab Home Department?to check with all provincial prisons if the missing Japanese nationals are in custody.
However, a spokesman for the Japanese Embassy in Islamabad told PTI that he was not aware of the development. "We have no knowledge about two Japanese going missing in Lahore," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai