Two Japanese nationals reported missing in Lahore
Lahore: Two Japanese nationals have been reported missing in the capital of Pakistan`s central Punjab province, official sources said on Tuesday.
The Japanese Embassy in Islamabad has written a letter to Pakistan`s Foreign Ministry, informing it that two of its citizens have been missing in Lahore for the last couple of months.
The embassy sought help from the Pakistan government to trace the missing persons.
Official sources told PTI that the two Japanese were working for an automobile company in Lahore.
The Foreign Ministry has asked security agencies to confirm if the missing persons are in their custody.
It has also directed the Punjab Home Department?to check with all provincial prisons if the missing Japanese nationals are in custody.
However, a spokesman for the Japanese Embassy in Islamabad told PTI that he was not aware of the development. "We have no knowledge about two Japanese going missing in Lahore," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?