Two Japanese nationals reported missing in Lahore
Lahore: Two Japanese nationals have been reported missing in the capital of Pakistan`s central Punjab province, official sources said on Tuesday.
The Japanese Embassy in Islamabad has written a letter to Pakistan`s Foreign Ministry, informing it that two of its citizens have been missing in Lahore for the last couple of months.
The embassy sought help from the Pakistan government to trace the missing persons.
Official sources told PTI that the two Japanese were working for an automobile company in Lahore.
The Foreign Ministry has asked security agencies to confirm if the missing persons are in their custody.
It has also directed the Punjab Home Department?to check with all provincial prisons if the missing Japanese nationals are in custody.
However, a spokesman for the Japanese Embassy in Islamabad told PTI that he was not aware of the development. "We have no knowledge about two Japanese going missing in Lahore," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown