Two key Taliban commanders arrested in Karachi
Karachi: Two key Taliban commanders of the
Mullah Fazlullah group, involved in a number of attacks in the
north-western Swat district, have been arrested here, as
security agencies continue their swoop on extremists.
A senior police official said the CID had arrested
Taliban commanders, Sardar Shah and Mohammad Sahir from the
Sohrab Goth area on the outskirts of Karachi.
"Both are from Swat and Mingora and belong to the Maulana
Fazlullah group and are aides of commander Ahsanullah," he
The official said that the arrest of the two commanders
who are involved in attacking military posts in Swat would
help in tracking down the elusive Taliban leader Maulana
Intelligence agencies and police have in the past seven
weeks claimed the arrest of some top Taliban commanders, the
most prominent among them being Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar,
the second-in-command of the Afghan Taliban.
Other Taliban commanders nabbed include a spokesman of
Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar and a former aide of slain
Pak Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud identified as Mullah
Tayyab Agha alias Popalzai and Hakeemuddin Mehsud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why