Two key Taliban commanders arrested in Karachi
Karachi: Two key Taliban commanders of the
Mullah Fazlullah group, involved in a number of attacks in the
north-western Swat district, have been arrested here, as
security agencies continue their swoop on extremists.
A senior police official said the CID had arrested
Taliban commanders, Sardar Shah and Mohammad Sahir from the
Sohrab Goth area on the outskirts of Karachi.
"Both are from Swat and Mingora and belong to the Maulana
Fazlullah group and are aides of commander Ahsanullah," he
The official said that the arrest of the two commanders
who are involved in attacking military posts in Swat would
help in tracking down the elusive Taliban leader Maulana
Intelligence agencies and police have in the past seven
weeks claimed the arrest of some top Taliban commanders, the
most prominent among them being Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar,
the second-in-command of the Afghan Taliban.
Other Taliban commanders nabbed include a spokesman of
Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar and a former aide of slain
Pak Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud identified as Mullah
Tayyab Agha alias Popalzai and Hakeemuddin Mehsud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people