Two Khasadar personnel injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: Two personnel of the Khasadar militia were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up in a crowded market in Pakistan`s restive tribal belt on Monday, officials said.
Officials of the political administration of Mohmand tribal region said the attacker detonated his explosives at Yakagund Bazar after security personnel asked him to surrender.
At the time, Khasadar personnel had cordoned off the area and started a search operation after receiving information that a suspicious man was present in the market.
The injured personnel were taken to a nearby hospital.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September
- Nita Ambani launch multi-discipline sports initiative; laud PM Modi for Olympics task force idea
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine