Two Khasadar personnel injured in Pakistan blast
Islamabad: Two personnel of the Khasadar militia were injured when a suicide bomber blew himself up in a crowded market in Pakistan`s restive tribal belt on Monday, officials said.
Officials of the political administration of Mohmand tribal region said the attacker detonated his explosives at Yakagund Bazar after security personnel asked him to surrender.
At the time, Khasadar personnel had cordoned off the area and started a search operation after receiving information that a suspicious man was present in the market.
The injured personnel were taken to a nearby hospital.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter