Two killed, 18 wounded in Afghan car bombing
Kabul: At least two people were killed and 18, including three soldiers, wounded Thursday in a car bombing near the entrance of an airport in Afghanistan`s Kandahar province, Xinhua reported.
The potential target of the attack was a NATO military convoy in the area, provincial police chief Gen. Abdul Raziq said.
The blast took place around 5.30 pm local time.
The bombing occurred as US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is paying a visit to Afghanistan to assess the security situation in the country.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress