Two killed in a suicide bomb attack in Pakistan
Peshawar: Two persons were killed and
three injured when a suicide bomber struck the training centre
of a pro-government militia in northwest Pakistan on Monday,
The teenage suicide bomber, who was accompanied by
four burqa-clad militants, stormed the recruitment and
training centre of the militia run by Qari Misbahuddin on the
Tank-Dera Ismail Khan road leading to South Waziristan Agency.
Five persons were injured when the attacker detonated
his explosive vest and two of them died on the way to
hospital, police said.
The bomber was aged about 18 or 19, police said.
His burqa-clad accomplices fired indiscriminately and
members of the militia returned fire.
Reports said they later fled from the scene.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Qari Misbahuddin runs the centre to train local
tribesmen to fight against pro-Taliban militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections